We at Holy Family School are proud of our faculty and students' ongoing efforts with philanthropic endeavors and community outreach. As our Mission Statement indicates, "Holy Family provides a nurturing disciplined environment and culture of service."
Below is just a small sampling of the ways Holy Family School gives back to our community:
Holy Family School Service Committee - A ministry formed to help school and parish families facing difficult times, this committee's goal is to assist by offering prayers, meal chains, babysitting, transportation, grocery shopping or any other service-related help.
- Dress-down days - Our students periodically bring in unperishable food items and a $1 donation, all of which benefits the Nazareth Food Bank, for the opportunity to dress-down for a day.
- Christmas gifts for hospitalized children - Our 5th grade students, under the direction of faculty member Mrs. Dotty Scheirer, collect toys and gifts from fellow students, their families, and our faculty and staff, and hand-delivered them to three different hospitals, to help brighten the Christmas season for hospitalized children.
- Missionary Childhood Association - Our 8th grade Mission Representatives, under the supervision of faculty member Mrs. Mary Anne Cummings, collects coins from each HFS class throughout the school year for the World Mission, to help alleviate suffering of those throughtout the world.
- Helping Hands Club - Parent volunteer Mrs. Kathi Morris guides the good works of this club. Its members donate time, talent and treasure to help feed and clothe the homeless and those otherwise less fortunate. They also provide goodies for visitors at a variety of HFS events and functions. For more than 13 years, the Club has organized it's "Gently Used Toy Sale" and Bake Sale, with donations of gently used toys and clothing coming from HFS faculty, staff, volunteers and students. Families can then visit the sale and choose all the toys they need to make Christmas special for their children and leave an unknown donation in a box if they are able. All proceeds benefit families in need through SOS Ministries.
- Student Tour Guides - HFS students are our best ambassadors! At several open houses throughout the year, our 7th and 8th graders expertly guide new families through the school, answering questions and offering their positive experiences to our visitors.