- For Parents
- Parent Information (a/k/a Brown Envelope)
- Accessing ParentsWeb
- 2017-2018 HFS Yearly Calendar
- HFS E-newsletter
- Lunch and Lunch Menu
- Safe Snack List
- Absences Due to Illness or Injury
- Emergency & Mass Notices
- Bus & Transportation
- Home & School Association
- Holy Family School Directory
- Homeroom Parents
- School Supplies
Each HFS homeroom, grades Kindergarten through 8th grade, will have at least two Room Parents. While most classes will have just two, kindergarten, 7th and 8th will sometimes require additional room parents due to a larger number of events for those grades.
Some of the Room Parent responsibilities may include:
- Keeping track of class monies and turning in the receipts bi-annually to the HSA Secretary
- Organizing class gifts for teachers
- Planning and attending classroom parties, as per the teachers’ request
- Organizing and helping with set-up and clean-up of classroom parties
- Teacher Appreciation Day – MANDATORY (Winter- teacher acknowledgment and classroom coverage during luncheon)
- Grandparent’s Day - MANDATORY (Spring- will be notified of duties)
- Organize and create basket for Tricky Tray during Holy Family Breakfast (Spring)
- Chaperoning field trips (as per the teachers’ request)
- Class communication and keeping track of Volunteer Angel Points (VAP) earned in your respective classrooms
- Assist lower grades with the Race for Education labels and mailers
- Other duties upon request from the faculty during the year
In addition, for specific grades:
- First Grade: Plan (set-up, serve food, clean-up) for Kindergarten Celebration
- Second Grade: May also help with retreat, First Penance, Communion, etc.
- Third through
Seventh Grade: Help with possible Religious Retreats
- Seventh Grade: Heavenly Hallway, Eighth Grade Confirmation Reception, and Graduation Reception
- Eighth Grade: Class Breakfast , End of the Year field trip, Retreat, Planning Play
and Pray (“lock-in”) and Graduation Related activities
Selection of Room Parents will begin during the first few weeks of school. If you wish to volunteer for selection, please refer to either the August Brown Envelope, or the weekly E-News for the appropriate signup form. Please note that selection one year does not guarantee placement for following years.
Once Room Parent selection is completed, an informational meeting will be held with all Room Parents.
Room Parents will earn twenty Volunteer Angel Points for this position. As with all of our volunteers, room parents must have all received their volunteer clearances and attended a "Protecting God's Children Workshop".